PROPOSED AMENDMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION BY THE PORTFOLIO COMMITTEE ON TRADE
Measurement Units and Measurement Standards Bill (B21-2006)
1. On page 5, from line 40, to omit subsection (4) and to substitute:
"(4) For the purposes of this section "calibration laboratory" has the meaning ascribed to it in section 1 of the Conformity Assessment, Calibration and Good Laboratory Practice Act, 2006.".
1. On page 8, in line 19, to omit "Board" and to substitute "National Metrology Institute"
1. On page 9, after line 21, to add the following subsection:
"(3) The performance agreement must include
(a) measurable performance objectives and targets that must be met, and the time frames within which those performance objectives and targets must be met;
(b) standards and procedures for evaluating performance and intervals for evaluation; and
( c) the consequences of substandard performance.".
1. On page 10, from line 23, to omit subsection (1).
2. On page 10, after line 34, to add the following paragraph:
"(c) misrepresents data or the symbol of the National Metrology Institute, "